Call for Workshops, Tutorials & Panels
We are seeking proposals for workshops, tutorials and panels to be presented at the 2015 PACIS conference. Workshops and tutorials offer researchers and practitioners great opportunities for in-depth learning on specific topics and interests related to the field of information systems. Panels provide a forum for debate and discussion of current issues in research and practice. We invite proposals on all aspects of the conference theme, “IT and Open Innovation”.
In addition, we solicit proposals that cover any new or promising research topics, or innovative and novel methodologies or tools for IS research. Workshops and tutorials will be held on Monday, July 6, 2015. It can be scheduled for either a half-day or a full-day till 5.30 PM. The scheduling of panels will be determined based on submissions.
Proposal submissions for workshops or tutorials should include the following information:
- Title of proposed workshop, tutorial, or panel
- List of planned authors/presenters and brief biography of each organizer and invited speakers
- For workshops/tutorials: A description of the workshop/ tutorial including theme, goals, objectives, novelty, planned activities (an abstract or summary is recommended)
- For panels: A description of the topic to be debated or discussed and a brief position statement for each of the panelists.
- Brief description on primary audience being targeted and expected number of participants
- Requests for any special requirements (computers, Internet access, A/V, etc.) if needed. It should be noted that the workshop, tutorial or panel organizers are responsible for any unique requests (e.g., special software or hardware).
- Whether the event is intended for the conference venue or at an alternate location (e.g., one of the institutions in Singapore). All proposals should be emailed to the PACIS 2015 Workshop/Tutorial/Panels Co-Chairs by March 4, 2015. Proposals will be reviewed and evaluated based on criteria such as importance of topic, relevance, likelihood of attracting interest at the conference, and novelty or originality.
- Deadline for workshop/tutorial proposal submission: March 4, 2015
- Notification of proposal acceptance: March 31, 2015
- Presentation materials from all presenters: June 15, 2015
- Workshops and Tutorials: July 6, 2015 till 5.30 PM
Workshop and Tutorial Co-Chairs
Lih-Bin Oh, National University of Singapore (email@example.com)