CNAIS Workshop Call-for-papers
Track Chairs: Yunjie Xu ( Fudan University), Qiang Ye ( Harbin Institute of Technology), Kanliang Wang ( Renmin University of China)
Doing IS Research in China
China is increasingly becoming a major economy in the world. Information Systems (IS) research and practice has enjoyed fast development in China as well. For instance, China is now the world largest e-commerce market.
As an affiliated workshop of PACIS 2015, the purpose of this workshop organized by the Association for Information Systems (China Chapter) is to share the latest result of IS research in China, the experience of doing research in China, and the methodologies employed. The workshop hopes to encourage collaboration between Chinese and non-Chinese scholars, and provide guidance on how to conduct IS research in China.
The workshop invites submissions of full papers or extended summaries of China-related research. Some topic areas (non-exclusive) are:
- Research papers conducted in China, and use China data or practice for empirical study
- Based on your published paper in reputable journals, share your research experience in China. The focus is on experience sharing.
- Theoretical works based on Chinese culture and practice
- IS Research methodology for China context
- Cross-cultural studies that include China
Regardless of the topic, the workshop suggests that you to share your experience related to the China context and to go beyond the findings of the research. We suggest that you allocate at least 1/3 of your presentation time to experience sharing.
The workshop will be held on July 6, 2015. The deadline for submission for this workshop is May 15, 2015. We encourage you to submit early. You may submit your paper using the PACIS submission system at https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=pacis2015 and choose the track “Doing IS Research in China”. To be included in the proceedings, the author(s) need to submit an extended abstract of at least two-page long.
Submission Deadline: Friday, May 15, 2015
Notification of Accepted Papers: Wednesday, May 20, 2015
Submission of camera-ready copies and registration: Friday, May 29, 2015
Workshop: Wednesday, July 6, 2015
- To participate in this workshop, you must register for it. The registration fee is SGD 60. The registration fee will mainly be used for coffee breaks and lunch.
- When a submission is accepted, at least one author must attend the workshop. Otherwise the submission will not be included in the proceedings.