Oral Presentation Guidelines
The following is a set of guidelines for the oral presentation sessions, which will span over three days (7 - 9 July) of the conference:
- Please arrive at the presentation room of your session 10 minutes before the start of the session.
Please upload your PowerPoint file onto the laptop in the room for presentation and make sure that your file runs appropriately.
- It is recommended to use a standard font like Arial or Times New Roman to create your presentation.
- If you wish, you may use your laptop that has a VGA output for the presentation.
- Note: Internet access will not be available at the presentation room.
- Please introduce yourself to your session chair so that the session chair will know who is presenting the paper.
- Each oral presentation session is allocated 1 hour and 30 minutes, with three papers in each presentation session. Please make sure that you finish your presentation in 20 minutes and leave 10 minutes for questions.
- Time management is VERY critical because people may switch between sessions for presentations that they are interested in. Therefore, please adhere strictly to the time given for your presentation.
The following is a set of guidelines for the poster sessions, which will span over two days (7 - 8 July) of the conference:
- Each poster presentation will be allocated a poster board, with a size of 150 cm (width) x 90 cm (height). Recommended sizes are: Landscape poster in A0 size (118.9cm by 84.1cm), or two Portrait posters in A1 size (59.4cm by 84.1cm). DO NOT POST YOUR ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPT!
- Please arrive at the venue of your poster session 15 minutes before the start of the session to set up your poster.
- Please post your posters on the poster board designated to you.
- During your poster session, please be around the poster board designated to you in order to interact with participants who are interested in your study.
- After your poster session, please help remove your posters from the board.
Session Chair Guidelines
Brief guidelines for session chairs are listed below.
- Please arrive at the meeting room of your session 10 minutes before the start of the session.
- Each oral presentation session is allocated 1 hour and 30 minutes, with three papers in each presentation session. Each presentation slot is 30 minutes long, with 20 minutes for the presentation, and an additional 10 minutes for Q&A.
Prior to the session:
- Please identify all presenters before your session starts.
- Please get all the presentations on the laptop in the room prior to the start of the session (or know how you will switch between the laptops if the presenter has brought his/hers).
- Do also remind the presenters of the time limit for their presentation as stated in the earlier point.
When you are ready to start the session,
- Do make the audience feel welcome, introduce the session and explain how it will unfold.
During the session,
- You will introduce each speaker, facilitate discussion or Q&A periods and call the session to a close.
- If one presenter finishes his/her presentation earlier, please do not immediately start the next presentation because people may want to follow the presentation order and come to your session for a particular presentation. If one presenter does not use all his/her allocated time, you can encourage the audience and the presenter to have more interactions.
- Please finish your session on time. Time management is VERY critical because people may switch between sessions for presentations that they are interested in. Thank you very much for your assistance.
If you have any questions regarding the paper submission, please contact the PACIS 2015 Conference Secretariat.